I am very excited to be raising money for Family Promise Metrowest (FPM) for the 5th year in a row. This year's "Walk to End Homelessness" is on April 7th and our team from the Islamic Center of Boston, (ICB) Wayland will be out in full force.
Last year, thanks to the generosity of so many in the community, I was able to raise $3150 from caring donors and reach the top fundraising spot. Team ICB Wayland raised a grand total of $9005 as the second highest earning team to support FPM.
|I've set my personal goal this year to $3200, which would mean $10,000 raised over three years!||... and now I have increased it to $4000 because you are all such generous donors to this cause!|
Here are some key facts that will help you realize the importance of FPM:
• Family Promise gets no government funding. It relies on donations from people like us.
• The average age of a homeless child served by Family Promise Metrowest is 6 years old.
• Most homeless shelters separate fathers and boys over 12 from the rest of their family. Family Promise Metrowest keeps families together.
• 25% of homeless people are children under the age of 18.
• Children experiencing homelessness are sick 4 times more often than other children.
• A family of 4 grossing more than $2,114 per month is NOT eligible for state shelter assistance.
I'm hoping you can make a small donation to sponsor me as part of the ICB Wayland team!